Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome 2009!!

Welcome friends and family!!

Life in Las Vegas is not getting much sweeter. We have been dueling against the freezing temperatures everyday and night. It's funny how in the summer all we wish for is nicer temps. A little bit cooler please! But when it hits, it changes over a week or two and bam your in the winter. I've come to realize that there is really no such thing as fall in Las Vegas. It's either freezing temperatures or excruciating hot weather. But from what I heard out here. March is the month where it starts to turn around for us. March and April that is to be exact. It will start feeling more neutral outside. But I am definitely not looking forward to that nasty heat wave again, come summer.

This last week at work. We were asked to put in our shift bids for the new year. I really don't have much of a say in this, due to the fact that i was the last one hired on. But I put my two cents in anyways. Currently I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. So I requested Sunday and Monday off. So that Hopefully, if I got it that is. I could get a chance to go out to Lake Mead this year and ride on my sister & brother-n-laws new boat. Which they got last year. I would do that on my Sundays and also look into church's to attend. On my Mondays I could take care of any everyday business Aron's. The chance's of this happening are very slim though.

Work is going well. My housing situation is going great. My car maintenance on the other hand is a pain in the rear. But that's life right? It's been six months since I made my transition out here and I definitely feel like I have settled in. But now I am board and am ready for another challenge, or a part of me is thinking about moving some where Else for a year. Like maybe in the mountains some where and get a feel for that. Life is to short to sit in one place all the time, and live life repeatedly. I believe that I'm not going to find what I am looking for in life by just moving to another state. I am ready to travel around and live different life styles. Get the full experience that is. Unless I meet some one and fall in love. I'm sure my life would change then, and I would be forced to settle down for sure.

So my Question to all of you reading this is: Are we in recession? Are we going through difficult times? Or is my pay scale just to small to see any or notice any of it going on.

1 comment:

CNM said...

I miss you Dain! Keep up the blogging-it is great!